In our last post, we told you about PushBullet which is an excellent app to share and transfer data from your phone to PC and vice versa. There are many other ways to connect your PC with your Android but, when it comes to accessing the device via PC, the methods are limited. Now, imagine you can access your Android phone without even touching it and can check and reply the notifications via your PC. In this post, we will be reviewing AirDroid which is an excellent app for accessing your Android phone via your PC.
Features of AirDroid:
AirDroid offers a large number of useful features. You need to download the app from the Google Play Store and create an account on it. Once you are done with it, you need to open the web client of AirDroid on your PC and enter your account details. You can also scan the QR code for connecting your phone with the PC.
Once you log in to AirDroid via your PC, you will receive a notification on your Android device that you are now connected. Although, both your PC and a phone should be on same Wi-Fi connection to use AirDroid. You will see the Phone details, storage, battery life on the right side of the screen and apps like messaging, contacts, files, on the left side of the screen.
You can make a call, send a message, check your notifications and can share and transfer all types of data via AirDroid. Basically, it acts like an AirMirror and gives you a complete control of your Android and you can use apps like WhatsApp, WeChat without any issue. It can also be used to view and download photos and videos from your phone to your PC.
There are few stunning features of AirDroid which makes it a perfect app for your Android device. It allows you to listen to songs which are on your phone. It means you don’t need to download or transfer songs from your phone to PC. The best part is that you don’t need to touch your phone to listen to your favourite song.
One more feature which we found interesting and useful is the way AirDroid utilises the camera of the phone. You can actually use your phone as a security camera.
Here is how to use your Phone’s camera as a security camera using AirDroid.
- Connect your phone and PC via AirDroid.
- Open the camera app on AirDroid web client.
- Now, just place the phone where you need to do the tracking. You don’t need to open the camera app on your phone. It works perfectly fine even if your phone is locked.
- You can even use the front camera of the phone and it offers all type of settings like video recording, full screen and rotation.
Other small but effective features are:
- It allows you to view and edit the contacts.
- You can transfer music and videos from your phone to PC.
- You can set music as a ringtone and can export ringtones.
- You can also import and export .apk files.
- It can also be used to push URL to your Android Phone which can be opened in your default browser of the phone.
- You can also share clipboard content between Android and computer.
AirDroid can be considered as Productivity App, Office App and can really save you a lot of time. It can also be used as a phone tracker but, that feature comes in the paid version of AirDroid. Still, AirDroid is offering some excellent features at free of cost. If you spend most of your time on your PC and don’t wish to access your phone via PC, this is the best app for you.